Wetherspoons in Hitchin
  • Saw in the comet that Hitchin was getting a Wetherspoons. It seems to have been on the cards for ages. I reckon it will be ok. Was wondering what everyones thoughts were with its location now that it has finally been given the go ahead. I read it was in the conservative club.
  • Sarah_G August 2013
    My view is that if people want it, it will be full and stay open. If people don't want it, Wetherspoons will open, no one will go, and it will shut down. A similar argument to supermarkets really. Most people say they don't want them but they always seem full of people doing shopping. 

It seems that lots of people have a very idealistic view of what type of shops they would like the town to contain but no one in their right mind will run a shop that doesn't have any customers. 

I imagine that Wetherspoons have done their research and identified that enough people in Hitchin will use the pub to make it worth their while.

• nigelappnigelapp August 2013
    All, 

Link to the previous discussion for information 

Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hitchin Forum!

If you would like to take part in discussions, please sign in or Register below! Registration is instant!

Sign In Apply for Membership
Follow @HitchinForum