Hitchin Beer Festival
  • Great news folks,
    The beer festival will be held on the 6th 7th and 8th June at Hitchin Rugby Club.
    Suggested beers range from Old Hooky to Muckcart Mild with some Spitfire, Brains and Tanglefoot in between. CAMRA, Hitchin Rotary and The Rugby club are really pulling the stops out to put on a great Festival. Lets hope the weather brightens up too.
    Any small business's that would like to get involved and sponsor a barrel of British Ale please step up to the Bar, you'll be mentioned in the programme and will have your logo on your barrel £50 sees your name in beer!
    If there is an ale you'd dearly like to see at the Festival speak now, your votes will go to the panel
  • Simon March 2013
    Hi All,

Just following on from Sari's posting above, we at Hitchin Rugby Club are looking forward to welcoming back the Hitchin Beer Festival and the many hundreds of festival goers that like to make this event one of their annual pilgrimages. I understand it was last hosted at the rugby club some year's ago and has subsequently grown a little since then.

We are expecting to have a fantastic turn out (over 2000 patrons) during the three days, with some 70+ different real ales, around 100 gallons of cider and perry as well as a number of foreign beers many of the latter being available to be sampled at home (due to their high ABVs we thought it only fair to allow people to sample these at their leisure at a later date). There will also be a good selection of great food to go with the beer. So put the date in your diary and we'll look forward to seeing you.

Anyone wishing to add to the list of suggested beers, ciders, etc. please note, there's only a few weeks left to get your nominations in.

The festival organisers are still looking to secure a glass sponsor, so if anyone knows of a business who could benefit from having their logo on every one of the festival glasses which are given out to each of the patrons then let us know.

• HitchinJim March 2013
    I am really looking forward to this event and seeing how the rugby club suits as a host, especially now that it's a bit bigger.

As for content I would like to see something a bit different. I enjoy the likes of Spitfire but these are available in most supermarkets. Lets give some local breweries an opportunity to showcase what they can do. The Red Squirrel Brewery or the Buntingford Brewery spring to mind. 

Will you sell tickets in advance?

• sari March 2013
    No advance tickets needed. The list of beers and ciders is quite extensive. Great weather would be a bonus!
  • sari May 2013
    Not long now til Festival Time. The Beer lists are done, the food stalls are booked, we must be due some decent weather....
  • nigelappnigelapp June 2013
    *Bump* for this as it is this weekend.
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hitchin Forum!

If you would like to take part in discussions, please sign in or Register below! Registration is instant!

Sign In Apply for Membership
Follow @HitchinForum