ROTW is not going to be in the priory next year
  • I just saw on the ROTW website that the priory dont want to hold ROTW there next year. Gutted. Really thought that was a great venue, close to Hitchina and plenty of space. Hope that they get something else sorted out quickly.
    http://rotw.org.uk/news/rhythms-of-the-world-2013
  • Sarah_G September 2012
    That is a real shame, I too thought that was a great venue. However given the state of the grounds this year I can see it could really damage their wedding business. Hopefully it will move into the middle of town again as I thought that was great. The worst thing that could happen is that it doesn't happen at all or happens away from Hitchin. Its our festival!!

• nigelappnigelapp September 2012
    Thanks for the post Danny. 
    Where else could Rhythms of the World be held within Hitchin? Should it go back to the Town Centre or could it be held on one of the larger open spaces in Hitchin or a mixture of both options?
    Let us know your thoughts.
  • maffkingmaffking September 2012
    Has it run it's course maybe? Be very sad if it has but it can't go back to the town due to policing and the size of it, and if it went to a bigger venue and had to raise its prices there is the great danger of it being canceled, as were many many festivals this summer. I remember when it was just a lorry in the market square with Fog Donkey headlining. Victim of its own success? Hand the baton to Balstock maybe? They are at the early part of getting bigger
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hitchin Forum!

If you would like to take part in discussions, please sign in or Register below! Registration is instant!

Sign In Apply for Membership
Follow @HitchinForum